Sunday, February 03, 2008

Bilsons

For my recent birthday, Kate took me to Bilsons! I got the fin bouche degustation with matched wines. :)


We started with a cold cauliflower soup with black truffle (as Kate said at the time, the truffle was totally lost in this - didn't add any body at all really)

Warm Salad of Baby Vegetables with Truffled Olive Oil (again, despite the large slice of truffle (centre), I didn't feel it added much to this dish - other than a higher price tag)
Spanner Crab with Chilled Almond Gazpacho - was light and delicious

Black Rockfish Quenelle with Petrossian Caviar - the seafood sauce was great - the texture reminded me of black pudding.

Grilled Fillet of John Dory with Artichoke Barigoule Caviar

Roasted Duck with confit potato and olive 2 ways
Assiette of Angus Beef, Sauce Bordelaise

It was served with a quail yoke - at first I thought the beef was over cooked, but actually it was fantastic. I liked this better than the wagyu beef at Tetsuya.
Selection of Ripened Local and Imported Cheese with Fresh and Dried Fruits

Gâteau au Citron with Yoghurt Sorbet - a stand out course. The citrus was so refreshing.

Assiette of Dark Bitter Chocolate


Coffee, Tea and Petits Fours (That mocha glass was the ugliest thing... my god. Looks like something from a 1980s roadhouse diner.)

Overall it was fantastic - such a wonderful night. I was very spoilt!

1 Comments:

Blogger Data Babble said...

Wow, food looks great!

11:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home