Saturday, November 19, 2005

Welcome!

Hi to all those reading along at home! I am a huge food lover (not as huge as i used to be though!) In fact i would say it is one of my three main passions: film; travel and food. Luckily having had the chance to travel a little, i have been able to try a range of native foods and i really enjoy it: i actually try to have as many local dishes as i can whilst travelling, as well as trying each of the local beers. I also like to splurge on good quality restaurants from time to time. Unfortunately, my passions of travel and fine dining are hampered by the fact that i am a poor student, and that i had gastric bypass surgery back in december 2000 (see here)- which means i have to be very careful about my fat and oil intake. It makes chosing meals at a restaurant hard - duck skin- too fatty, nuts - too fatty, avacado - nope, cream - out... etc etc. But i manage.

Seeing i keep a travel blog too, which i often upload pics of meals i've had, i thought why not make this its own page, and try to be a bit more conscientious about it. So i will try to get details of menu item, restaurant details, price, oiliness etc as well as what i think of the tastes and the establishment itself. So i will try to do this for all the nice places (and the cheap ones) i eat at here and abroad - as much as possible. I hope someone finds it interesting, but either way it satisfies me to keep this kind of record for myself. So anyway, stay tuned and take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home